Phoenix, Ariz. (February 9, 2015) Ten years ago, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon Dr. David J. Jacofsky, along with Dr. John A. Brown and Dr. Mark D. Campbell, believed they could provide best-in-class orthopedic care to Phoenix area residents. Ten years later, it is clear that they have been able to bring that dream to fruition with 150 care providers, 700 employees and almost half a million patients in the practice.
In January, 2005, The CORE Institute was born and over the next ten years the practice grew from one small office in Sun City West, Arizona into a nationally recognized, innovation-leading, orthopedic and neurological practice with 700 employees spanning two States and 26 facilities.
“Our phenomenal growth has been built on a platform of evidence-based medicine and meticulous outcomes tracking managed by our proprietary IT platform,” said Chairman and CEO David Jacofsky, MD. “It’s very rewarding to see our innovative approach to patient care being embraced by hundreds of thousands of patients, from all 50 states and multiple countries. The one thing that has remained the same is our commitment to a proven, evidence-based, outcomes driven, standardized patient care approach. I am proud of what we have accomplished. We’re truly honored that patients and the medical community have entrusted us to care for them at The CORE Institute over the last 10 years.”
The CORE Institute has expanded from its early years to offer care in Orthopedics, Spine, Pain Management, Neurology, Rheumatology, Plastic Surgery and Physical Therapy. In addition to its innovative evidence-based medicine IT platform, the organization continues to be a leader in payor-reform initiatives and hospital alignment strategies.
Unique within the industry, The CORE Institute has agreements to co-manage the orthopedic departments at several major hospitals, including at five Banner Health facilities in Arizona, Green Valley Hospital South of Tucson, and St. John Providence Hospitals in Southfield and Novi Michigan. In 2013, The CORE Institute teamed up with the Cleveland Clinic, OrthoCarolina and The Rothman Institute to form the first-of-its-kind clinically integrated Orthopedic PHO (Physician Hospital Organization), operating as the National Orthopaedic & Spine Alliance LLC (NOSA).
The CORE Institute was recognized as the #1 Orthopedic Group by Ranking Arizona three years in a row, one of the Best Places to Work by Phoenix Business Journal four years in a row, and was the 2014 recipient of the IMPACT Award by the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. Over the years, numerous physicians have also been recognized by Phoenix Magazine Top Docs issue, Hour Detroit’s Top Docs issue, and several other publications.
Of today’s 700 employees, many are celebrating their 10th year of employment at The CORE Institute. It is no surprise to see the continued expansion and growth of The CORE Institute because of their committed and dedicated team.
The CORE Institute is already looking towards the next ten years, with clinics planned to open in other states, as well as overseas, in the near future.
“We’re early in our journey as a company and I’m very excited about our future as we expand our efforts to give patients best-in-class care,” concluded Dr. Jacofsky.
Timeline of milestones:
- 2005: Opened The CORE Institute in Sun City West, Arizona
- 2006: Expanded locations to service patients in Sun City on the Banner Boswell Medical Center campus and Phoenix on the John C. Lincoln Deer Valley Hospital campus
- 2006: Welcomed 7 new providers to the Arizona Market
- 2006: Expanded sub-specialties to include comprehensive spine care
- 2007: Welcomed 6 new providers to the Arizona Market
- 2007: Launched CORE Ink publication
- 2007: Relocated Peoria and North Phoenix clinics due to increased patient demand
- 2007: Expanded subspecialties to include hand and upper extremity care
- 2008: Launched non-profit foundation, the MORE Foundation
- 2008: Welcome 3 new providers to the Arizona Market
- 2008: Expanded locations to service patients in Gilbert, Arizona on the Mercy Gilbert Medical Center Campus
- 2009: Featured new treatment options for Rotator Cuff Injuries, Reverse Shoulder Replacement
- 2010: Welcomed 12 new providers to the Arizona Market
- 2010: Recognized Drs. John Kearney, Mark Campbell, David J. Jacofsky, and Steven L. Myerthall as PHOENIX Magazine’s Top Doctors in Arizona
- 2011: Launched first co-management agreement with Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center in Sun City West, Arizona
- 2011: Welcomed 8 new providers to the Arizona Market
- 2011: Recognized Drs. Ali Araghi and Eric Feldman as PHOENIX Magazine’s Top Doctors in Arizona
- 2012: Opened first Spine Center in Sun City, Arizona
- 2012: Recognized Dr. David J. Jacofsky as one of the “Top 26 Knee Surgeons” by Orthopedics This Week
- 2012: Recognized Dr. David J. Jacofsky as the “Surgeon of the Year” by Arizona Business Magazine: Healthcare Leadership Awards
- 2012: Welcomed 21 new providers to the Arizona Market
- 2012: Expanded co-management relationship with Banner Health to provide world-class orthopedic care at Banner Desert Medical Center and Banner Thunderbird Medical Center
- 2013: Expanded locations to service patients in Mesa, Arizona on the Banner Desert Medical Campus
- 2013: Expanded into Michigan, first clinic expansion outside of Arizona
- 2013: Launched CORE Cycling Team to include a 50-member cyclist team
- 2013: The CORE Institute, is joined by Cleveland Clinic, OrthoCarolina and Rothman Institute to form the first-of-its-kind clinically integrated Orthopedic PHO (Physician Hospital Organization), operating as the National Orthopaedic & Spine Alliance LLC (NOSA).
- 2013: Built prosthetic tail for alligator, Mr. Stubbs
- 2013: Welcomed Dr. Victor Nwosu to the Michigan Market
- 2013: Welcomed 24 new providers to the Arizona Market team
- 2013: Received #1 Orthopedic Group Recognition by Ranking Arizona
- 2013: Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Valley by Phoenix Business Journal
- 2013: Recognized Dr. David J. Jacofsky as one of the “Most Admired Leaders” by Phoenix Business Journal
- 2013: Expanded co-management relationship with Banner Health to provide world-class orthopedic care at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center
- 2014: Opened 70,000 sq. ft. Headquarters facility and Clinic opens in Phoenix, Arizona
- 2014: Expanded specialties to include Neurology, Plastic Surgery and Rheumatology
- 2014: Signed Orthopedic Co-Management Agreement at Green Valley Hospital in South of Tucson
- 2014: Welcomed Gina Ore as CEO of the MORE Foundation
- 2014: Welcomed 4 new providers to the Michigan Market team
- 2014: Welcomed 40 new providers to the Arizona Market team
- 2014: Reached 500th employee
- 2014: Completed first two-level disc replacement surgery in Arizona by Dr. Ali Araghi
- 2014: Received #1 Orthopedic Group Recognition by Ranking Arizona for second year in a row
- 2014: Recognized Drs. John Kearney, Jr. and E. Michael Lucero as PHOENIX Magazine’s Top Doctors in Arizona
- 2014: Recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in the Valley by Phoenix Business Journal
- 2014: Recognized for the IMPACT Awards for Entrepreneurial Excellence by the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce
For more information, please visit www.thecoreinstitute.com or call 1.866.974.2673 to schedule an appointment
About The CORE Institute
The CORE Institute delivers integrated, comprehensive musculoskeletal and neurological care. The CORE Institute is built upon a foundation of pioneering research, academics, community service, and a passion for excellence in patient care. The CORE Institute has locations in Arizona and Michigan, with clinics planned to open in other states, as well as overseas, in the near future. The organization continues to be a leader in payor-reform initiatives, and it is at the forefront of systems-based quality programs which drive value and improve the quality of patient care.
The CORE Institute's fellowship-trained physicians provide specialized care in the areas of surgical, non-surgical and rehabilitative hip, knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle procedures, joint replacement, sports medicine, arthroscopy, fracture management, orthopedic traumatology, hand and wrist procedures, complex articular cartilage restoration, musculoskeletal oncology, foot and ankle reconstruction, physical medicine and rehabilitation, comprehensive spine care, pain management, clinical neurophysiology, epilepsy, headache and facial pain, neuromuscular medicine, spine and peripheral nerve disease, clinical neuroimmunology, multiple sclerosis, general neurology and rheumatology care.